Accredited Courses > M.Sc. in Hospitality Management > The Art and Science of Gastronomy (Elective Module)
3 Hours / session
Get 70% back Via Tax Credit
€ 472.50 back on this course
By the end of the module, you would have learnt to
- analyse issues in food studies and food systems in the hospitality sector;
- appreciate the importance and authenticity of gastronomy and its role in the hospitality industry;
- understand the theory and practice of gastronomy as a push and pull demand factor in travel and tourism;
- value both local and foreign cuisine cultures;
- assist in marketing hotels in specific areas where Halal, Kosher and, in particular, wellness foods are the main dishes;
- acquire both tangible and intangible skills related to gastro-cultural traits and food preparation costings.
Prerequisites in detail
Candidates who apply must have a:
➢ Level 6 Degree and 3 years’ work experience
Preference is given to applicants having aLevel 6 Degree in a discipline related to the Study Programme; and a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in management within the sector covered by the Study Programme.
➢ Level 5 Diploma or Higher Diploma and 5 years’ work experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Do you meet these required prerequisites?